Wednesday, June 13, 2012

So the question of the day is bumper or no bumper? I've heard several times that a bumper isn't "safe" anymore. However, every crib set includes a bumper! I feel like the bumper makes the crib too (at least how it looks). So am I going to be a bad mom if I register for a bumper? How ever did we survive as kids....

Second question of the day....cloth or regular diapers? I had wanted to use cloth but then resigned to regular. With being a new mom and starting an internship that is going to be quite stressful (as I can imagine) I was convinced that cloth diapers were not something I would have time for. However, I'm learning about the cloth diapers that have "disposable" linings. Now, that sounds like the best of both worlds. Maybe not quite as much work, but still softer and easier on baby's skin. But then I was thinking....well, if the lining is disposable, why not just use a disposable diaper? I mean, I'm just saying....



4 comments:

  1. "They" say no bumper, but use your judgement. In my opinion those sets are way overpriced anyway. Check out Skip Hop brand though, they have sets without bumpers and cute sheets with prints on the side to give the look of a bumper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and Alex, LeAnn! I know you two will make wonderful parents :) With that said, I have a friend who used cloth diapers and loved them. She has two boys and used them with both kids. She found cloth diapers that she could throw in the machine and therefore didn't have to worry about paying for cleaning, etc. I can find out where she got them if you would like. Just let me know! :)
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for the bumpers, I've always used them with my kids however its your own judgment call when it comes to your own child & what makes you feel comfortable. Nick & I never had a problem but if you notice your baby girl rolling into them quite often and sleeping with her face close to them you may want to remove them. Some ppl say they won't use the bumpers until their baby is a bit older. I also know someone who uses the diapers with the disposable liner, she seems to like them. I'm sure buying the liners would be cheaper then buying diapers. But I'm old fashion I just stick with the disposable diapers. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bunch of friends that use the cloth diapers with the liners and they love them . . . plus once you buy them you can use them for the next kids. :)

    ReplyDelete