Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Baby is here!


Well hello! As you can imagine, its been quite the whirlwind in the Wald household! I have several pictures of the baby's room and the last few weeks of pregnancy.

Here I am at 36 weeks. Alex and I decided we needed to take a walk down the most beautiful street we know of in the fall.
Here is Alex and 36 weeks. Looking pretty good ;) Who knew that this would be the last weekend that we would be "just the two of us"?















Before taking our walk though, we completed the baby's room! You saw the "before" pictures in a previous post. Here are the "after" pictures....







We are very happy with the colors and how it all turned out. If you ever buy a decal on Etsy, beware...they are more time consuming than you might think! Every leaf on the tree came separate. It took Alex and I about 5 hours working together to get the trees and birds up. But it was very well worth it in the end. We did order a few pictures on Etsy that we have to put on the wall next to the shelves.













Already a good daddy!
















October 4th was my last day of work. I was quitting three weeks before my due date to try to get caught up on school work and organizing the house before the baby came. I was scheduled to do a home evaluation the very next day, and to do several visits to a community site for my master's project the following week. However, I've heard it before, God laughs at the plans we make. I left work, went to Alex's office to swap cars, and right in front of his office my water broke. No, it wasn't all over the floor, thank goodness. I went to the clinic which was right down the road, and my midwife confirmed that it was my water and that we would be having this baby now! I called Alex and we met at home. About that whole having a bag packed thing.....yeah, we didn't. I was on the phone with my classmate who was so helpful and trying to rearrange my schedule for me, and trying to remember all the essentials to bring to the hospital at the same time. We managed to get our stuff in one bag, and my OT girls all stepped in and fixed my schedule so I didn't have to worry.



At the hospital parking lot. At least we remembered the boppy...and the car seat, although its still in the box...




About to be induced...not in any pain yet!











And about 7 hours later...no end in sight.....and there are no pictures after that!















After 15 hours, our beautiful baby girl was born on 10/5 at 10:01 am. 6 lbs 4oz and 19.5 in long!

Our first family photo!


It wasn't until 10/6 that we finally named our baby!




 

This photo was taken by our friends Erin and Nicole, Isla's first visitors :) As much as I didn't want my picture taken hours after delivering Isla, I'm so glad they took them anyway. Note to all future moms out there....take as many pictures as you can, you won't care if you don't look your best. Its soo nice to have had pictures, even during labor, to remember the whole experience.

There are more pictures and more stories of our first few weeks at home, but right now my baby needs to eat! And mom needs to go to bed.....

I have to say thank you to so many people. We have had so much support from our friends here in MN, between visits, phone calls, and meals. And our family and friends in MI have also been so supportive, calling, texting, sending gifts and flowers, its been so sweet. My Dad and Julie have been here this last week and they have cleaned, cooked, and watched Isla while I had to go to school. Words can't express our appreciation and the love we have for all of you!

2 comments:

  1. The room looks great and I love your first photos with Isla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been to long since i've peeked in on your blog~~~I Love It!
    The pictures and narrative are just wonderful. Her room is great and you make me laugh with her hat thats to big, and not being able to sit up yet...haha! Much love to you all♥

    ReplyDelete